War Machines is a free Real Time Strategy game inspired by the universe of Total Annihilation that keeps high number of unities, a moderate balancing between factions and many huge maps where great battles can be fought within both single missions, campaigns or skirmish mode. The units keep the style of the “low poly” models that existed already in TA, re-scaled and re-texturized in order to adapt them to the potentialities of the SPRING engine. New special effects are added to weapons and explosions. These improvements, even when minimal, improve the game’s overall quality. During a game each unit acquires experience and for some of them – like the commanders – upgrades will be available that improve their performance in both the construction and attack phases.
You can play with two siudes: The “protectorate” and “the Andronians”.
- The “protectorate” side use three factions:
- the “ICU” that reproduce technology from old “ARM” TA faction;
- the “NFA”, that reproduce technology from old “CORE” TA faction;
- the “EU-F”, this faction can only be used by those who supported our project via Kickstarter;
- The “Andronian” faction is itself a military contingence used in campaign and missions and is not playable at the moment in skirmish mode.
(ARM & CORE are the two factions of Total Annihilation original game).
In the time line the game War Machines RTS is collocated billion years after Total Annihilation‘s events, this make WMRTS an unofficial sequel of TA.
WMRTS is based on the open source SPRING ENGINE and our property game launcher. War Machines RTS use some open source script developed by the community of SPRING ENGINE. We want to thank the SPRING community for their massive coding efforts and for their support.